Philippine Daily Inquirer My Dream Interview Contest
Description of the Contest
To help young students find their voice and gain confidence to interact with newspapers, the contest asks students 11 to 15 years old to form a team, choose a prominent person to interview, formulate interview questions and acquire insight into the work that goes into success. By asking the students to team up, the contest wants to promote additional and valuable skills such as the capacity to exchange ideas and to respect the opinion of others.
Co-presented by NOKIA and sponsored by Maynilad.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, students must be Filipinos between the ages of 11 to 15 years, and have been enrolled in a public or private school in the Philippines in the school year 2011-2012.
2. The contest is open only to teams of four (4) students and one (1) teacher from the same school who will coach the students. No individual entrants will be accepted.
3. Each school must be represented by one team only.
4. Employees of Philippine Daily Inquirer and the other contest sponsors listed on the Inquirer website, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members are ineligible. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win.
2. Students in each team shall choose a prominent person they would like to interview. The interviewee may be in public service (government, NGO, human rights) arts, media, entertainment, sports or any field, and must have achieved prominence and or success through hard work.
3. Each team must submit a set of at least fifteen (15) questions in English for its chosen interviewee. Interview questions must be submitted on a separate sheet of paper with the name of the person to be interviewed on top. No information about the school, team members or the coach must be written on the questions page.
4. All sets of interview questions must be accompanied by an entry form (download from www.inquirer.com.ph) with all required information filled in. Each team agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable Philippine law.
5. Submissions must be made via email, hand delivery or express mail to the Inquirer on or before midnight of Friday, April 27, 2012.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand deliver or express mail to My Dream Interview Contest, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 1098 Chino Roces Avenue, 1204 Makati City.
6. The contest sponsors are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, printing errors or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
7. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible or from ineligible participants will be void.
8. Each team shall grant The Philippine Daily Inquirer Inc. the right and
license to publish its entry in The Philippine Daily Inquirer, onwww.inquirer.net or in any of its affiliate publications, companies or
distribution channels, in print or digital formats, in the Philippines or
abroad, including the right to (a) display, promote and make available all
or any portion thereof; (b) edit, compile or serialize each entry; and (c)
use, display and distribute the students' names for purposes related to the
grant of rights in this clause.
Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any member of a team concerning identity, age, ownership of right or non-compliance with these rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the team from the contest. The contest sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these rules, or violates applicable law.
1. The Inquirer will choose the five (5) best sets of questions as finalists. The newspaper will also help the five (5) winning teams secure an appointment with their dream interviewees if needed.
CRITERIA FOR CHOOSING THE BEST SETS OF QUESTION:
Originality - 30 %
Creativity - 30 %
Relevance - 30 %
Grammar and spelling - 10 %
2. The finalists will be informed through a confirmation message and telephone call from an authorized Inquirer representative on Monday, May 7, 2012.
3. The finalist teams will proceed to interview the persons they have chosen as subjects.
4. After the interview, each team must use the question-and-answer material to write a feature story in English on the person interviewed.
5. The resulting stories must be submitted to the Inquirer via email, hand delivery or express mail on or before midnight of Friday, May 25, 2012. Email to email@example.com. Hand deliver or express mail to My Dream Interview Contest, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 1098 Chino Roces Avenue, 1204 Makati City.
6. Submissions must include: (1) the written story, (2) the transcript of the interview, (3) the taped interview, whether 7
on a separate sheet of paper, (6) parental consent forms signed by the parents of each student in the team, and (7) appointment / authorization / endorsement letter from school.
7. All five (5) interview stories will be published in a series in the Learning section.
8. Inquirer editors will select two (2) winners from among the five (5)
finalists' interview stories.
The four (4) students and the teacher of each of the five (5) finalist teams will each receive a NOKIA mobile phone. Prizes are non-transferable and not convertible to cash.
The two (2) teams selected by the Inquirer editors as Philippine winners will be the country’s official entries to the WAN-Ifra “My Dream Interview” international project.
From the entries of the participating countries, two (2) teams will be chosen as Global Winners by a panel of international editors.
Two (2) students and the teacher of each team named as Global Winners will be flown to Madrid, Spain to receive their awards at the WAN-Ifra Expo.